BEAUTIFUL SURRENDER

In all my growing years, I am beginning to come face to face with some of God's ways and though some of these were rained on us at Church and though I read these truths over and over myself, they just seemed not to make sense until I started experiencing the true Life in Christ.
Since I am graciously snowed in for the day, I picked my pen to share some depths I have been receiving lately. Sometimes, we pray for things we think we deserve, but, if we are not ready for these things, there is no right away receipt. If we carefully observe as we mature in wisdom, most prayers are often answered. Also, there are things we don't directly pray for, maybe in a subconscious state, that get answered. 
For instance, when we pray to be used of God or to be a broken vessel; let me just say it is one of the strongest prayers one could say, but know that it will happen. There are many other spirit-led prayers that are said often and in a process of time will manifest. These manifestations will become humanly unacceptable, uncomfortable or even impossible, but I tell you, this is when Christ comes alive. No wonder the just shall live by faith, and only by faith can you please God.
Until we are broken at our strongest, we are not completely fit to be vessels of honor. Our strongest point will always contend with God's Glory and so many people struggle to let go.
Let me just say serving and worshipping in Church does not make you a fit vessel in the Kingdom. For so many years, as a young girl who had so much zeal and passion for God, all I ever knew was to serve in God's house. I was constantly told to surrender and it didn't make any sense each time that word came. I was doing everything humanly possible to please God, so how else could I surrender? God's ways are not Man's! I will only say that once because as it is, some of us might be seeing that for the umpteenth time, but do we really know His ways?

"Until we are broken at our strongest, we are not completely fit to be vessels of honor."

Like many that are reading now, I had my life planned out without God, though, I thought He was in it. I practically chose everything for myself, from the career to the husband and the kind of home I wanted
Now I look back at how foolish that was and I was busy serving without surrendering, I feel awfully sorry. You know yours might not be the things I struggled with, it might be something else. Most times it is what we hold so dearly to our hearts that God wants. Think about our Father Abraham, I commend his trust in God. Being able to let go of your treasure is the height of faith and surrender I'm penning to you about. My beautiful adventure is being able to experience Christ for myself and also fellowship with God's people in truth. And like most prophets of old, they either stumbled on God or God stumbled on them, but they knew Him by quality standard of trust and surrender. 
Like Peter did after that sea-side experience, I'm sure you would too if you caught all that fish in one day. 
Nonetheless, maybe like me, you hear the word surrender and you think you get it or you don't. Maybe someday you will or maybe it might take being broken at your perfect strength to totally rely on the power of God. The only reason I am proud to write this is because God is my perfect crown and without Him I am perfectly helpless. It took Him withholding what gave me strength to see how helpless I am and how much I need Him. 
I say a prayer for you today that you will find Grace to let go of whatever stands in the way of your beautiful surrender. 
God is always waiting!


Live, Love, Laugh
Kaylove.

Comments

Popular Posts