WOMEN IN MINISTRY - PASTOR FUNKE FELIX-ADEJUMO


It is a lovely day to celebrate Women's Day, so Happy Women’s Day Women!
We Celebrate all the phenomenal women out there doing their thing. God bless your muscle to continue the hustle 😍🤗.

This month we're continuing with some of the amazing women in Ministry and I am truly excited about this mentor of mentors! She exudes excellence with a gallant poise.
Many women and homes have been blessed because she chose to follow God.

Following God might seem like an easy Sunday to Sunday activity but I tell you it is more than that. It requires a lifetime of service that most people often struggle accepting. So, when I see men and women who are sold out to their calling especially in Ministry, I am super encouraged as a young woman in Ministry. 

For this Woman of Grace, I have the utmost respect and admiration. I am one of those who gets nostalgic just watching how she carries herself, her husband, her children and her Ministry. She is effortlessly down to earth when speaking on issues concerning women. Her drive and passion for women to pray over their children is magnetic.


I have known Pastor Funke Felix-Adejumo,
 practically since I was a child. Grew up with her children and I know the authenticity of what she carries. I am encouraged to also raise children after God's own heart because when you meet her children, you have to give kudos to this excellent woman.


Mama Funke Felix-Adejumo was the first African woman preacher I saw on television teach married women to please their husbands in every way imaginable. She and a very few women are women in ministry who wear a rare kind of happiness serving God, her home and everywhere else. 


I am that woman who believes you can't give what you don't have. If you don’t practice what you preach, it is only a matter of time before your words come back to haunt you either publicly or privately. 

Caring for family first is the first part of Ministry. Catering to your spouse is in fact the very core of Ministry. Neglecting this order and chasing Ministry outwardly eventually has its consequences. This order is in fact what I desire to master as a woman. Pursuing purpose while caring for family, creating the perfect balance.

I cannot neglect the total trust in God to show us the path of life. I must seek God to find my path and stay in that path. Not get carried away with my own agenda, but staying the course. Caring for family cannot also be the excuse for women not to find their purpose on the earth. Striking the perfect balance between both family and purpose is what makes you a Proverbs 31 woman!

Mama Funke was at my Church recently and she was speaking about all the number of things she has on her plate, not to mention that she is a Grandmother. Have you seen her though?? Hot is the word! 
Ok, but my point is having a lot to do is not the definition of busy. You can be busy doing NOTHING or you can be busy doing the RIGHT THING. 
Thank God for Women like Mama Funke who are the epitome of what a Godly woman looks like, sounds like, prays like…..

Be a woman who makes a difference in her home first and then the rest of the world.

Live, Love, Laugh

Kemi Gwan.

Comments

Popular Posts