WIFEY CELEBRATES THE HUBZ


Hey there lovelies!

Today, we are going to do something very different. Well, not so different from what I used to do here... Anyway, I am going to spend my time admiring the husband the Lord gave to me. No, it's not Valentine's but I am going to take time loving the numerous reasons why John was the chosen one and why that matters every single minute of my life. 

He probably doesn't even know that I took a pause at some point yesterday in deep thought just admitting how much of a genius I married. His genius is almost always masked under his humility, so it is the hardest thing to see until you hear him speak. Which is actually one of the things that attracted and endeared me to him. His wisdom is of no class (I am not blowing things out of proportion). His kindness is second to none. His patience is my nemesis, literally. Haha


We both can be perfectionists but his leniency teaches me everyday to become a better person and to be more selfless as I grow. My husband is a Computer guru(I can't stand coding), but he is passionate about it. It is a blessing to watch him soar higher in his career. He knows what He wants and I watch how He accomplishes these things. With my help as his partner, I can only hope to make it a smooth process.

I mean as much as I can be a woman of my own, I can't help but wonder what He actually sees in me. You know that 'I can do bad all by myself' euphoria that we often get, well sometimes I get in my single motherhood zone and even take for granted the need for a partner. You know to be honest, it feels like all of a sudden, I am aware of this power house that lives with me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate him but this awareness is what helps a woman genuinely RESPECT her husband. I am dancing in excitement because I know I needed this one.🙈

I am a creative camera in this moment capturing this appreciation I feel and I just must pen this one. There are many ways I can demonstrate this to my hubby of course, but the writer in me can't help but be intrigued by the art of the moment. Nostalgic to say the least.

Still on the hubz though. One of his gifts is teaching. I am yet to meet anyone as sound as my husband when he teaches. Our children benefit from this gift and of course when I humble myself, I always learn from it... 😂😂🤣🤣. He always seems to mean well for me of course, after all, you represent the Gwan family; He says! I guess you can already picture the agree to disagree moments. Thankfully I never have to deal with violence with my hubby. Hmmmmn... I went there 😜🙊.

(Hehe, this caption though)

I want to believe that when we stop appreciating people or seeing with the eyes of understanding who and what they are, we abuse them consciously or not. You can flip this either way, man or woman. The abuse of a gift becomes inevitable when understanding is lacking. I remember when I thought I had no value because I was mistreated and abused. Little did I know that my pearl was only cast to swines. 
If you must be valued, you must place value in the deciding whom you give yourself to. Not just that, value whom you are given to in return. Valuing each other in a relationship is enough spice to keep your romance fresh. 

The little things that my husband does is my romance. Running the bath water or caring for the kids... I realize how blessed I am to be married to such an Angel. I realize that if I spend more time aligning, I would have transformed to the woman God wants me to be. Sometimes it's hard to see when I spend time trying to prove that I have a voice and I want to have my way. This thought process is exactly what any marriage needs, to see as one. It is always easier said than done, but with prayers and the right mindset, success is undeniable.


One time, the female young adults at my Church had this intimate discussion and my Pastor Toyin broke down Ephesians 5:33 to us when thinking or speaking of RESPECT. I have marked in red the responsibility of a woman when it comes to submission. It is not subjugation and it has absolutely nothing to do with being feminist. It is a clear duty of Love and I for one remind myself of my duty daily. The truth is nothing matters to a man, especially my own husband more than his respect. Respect means a whole lot as we grow into marriage.


 However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [[a]that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and [b]that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly].

My husband and I are mostly opposites in persona but very alike than we know it. He is the strength to my weakness and I his. I celebrate my King today. I am awed by your love daily. 
I just hope to do more as long as I live. I see and celebrate all of his strengths and weaknesses, for choosing to be vulnerable with me and for trusting me enough to walk with me. My husband is the only man besides my late dad and my brother and my sons(LOL) that I know that can tolerate my excesses and for that I am GRATEFUL.

So, dearest woman, take a moment to appreciate that man for every moment he has loved you and tolerated ALL of YOU!


Enjoy Breathe by Bez ft Simi.


Live, Love, Laugh

Kemi Gwan.

Comments

Popular Posts