THE BLAME GAME




I try to look for a lesson in every living thing and the different circumstances around me.

This one might make you laugh today as it is about ants 🐜. Yea ants.. 😂😂😂
These tiny creatures are said to be some of the wisest ones 🤷🏽‍♀️. In some way, I kinda see how now. In the winter they’re nowhere to be found because they had spent all of spring and summer gathering all they need to survive the harsh winter.

Today, I watched as these particular ants had gathered around an onion I had cut in half last night. What I noticed was, one ant actually died. Perhaps too much onion juice killed it. Poor creature. However, I saw few more ants getting juices and bites and marching their way back to their hole or wherever they reside. I marveled that because one laid there dead didn’t stop them from trying, even if it meant their death too.

I know this illustration may be a bit stretched but if you think a little deeply about how relentless they are, you’ll be impressed too. 
If ants understand survival instinct and launch toward what seemed like an obstacle to try again and again, we humans can do better. Oh we’ve got to do better humans! 😉😜

I can’t help but think about things I attempted/still attempting, just once and because I met one obstacle, I completely gave up on trying again. Some of us play the blame game and use it as an excuse to not move forward. We blame everyone but ourselves for the reason we can’t take a step further. This happened to me recently.. I almost shortchanged myself because someone else had a problem with my style of doing things. When a new opportunity came up to serve, I was too angry to step up because I was hurt.. well until I got over myself.

You refuse to try an audition because someone didn’t like your voice enough; Big time shortchanging. You don’t think you qualify for that position or promotion, because someone else went to a better school and you think they’re better than you. 🤭.
You blame your parents for not giving you a better life. You blame your spouse as the reason for your anger and bitterness. You blame your friend for not noticing that you need help or for not affirming you enough and the list goes on and on.. 😱

Listen, just because people die in car crashes everyday doesn’t mean we stop driving cars right? When will you have a honest seat down with yourself to change your own situation and not blame others for your failure. You failed once, twice, thrice.. ten times, so what? Try again! Don’t do it for anyone, do it for you!

Thomas Edison the inventor of the light bulb we all now use was asked: How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."

Today if you are reading this, you are a survivor of some sort! You cannot afford to waste your life on expensive blocks of blaming others for your failures. Chin up! Try again! What doesn’t kill you, makes you strong 💪🏾.. literally in the case of those ants 🐜 
There are many steps to the greatness ahead!

Cheers to the Weekend!
Thank you for sharing your time to read from me.

Kemi Gwan.

Comments

Popular Posts