I'M NOT DEPRESSED!


This is a True Story..



You can rehearse or memorize scriptures and be super depressed. Take all the antidepressants you can imagine and it won’t solve a thing. This is my story..
What if I told you that you had the key to free yourself this whole time, but you didn’t even know it. The sad truth is, so many of us have found a way to make depression a normalcy. You can’t cope without it. You say you want to be free but you are afraid of freedom. 🀷🏽‍♀️
Renewal of the mind is like going to the gym to workout when all your muscles are sore.. You still gotta go!



I remember some years ago, when I was depressed. I was battling rejection and my coping mechanism was to isolate myself and push people away unconsciously. I think of all my friends who misunderstood me and some just couldn’t take it and we fell out.(I am truly sorry).
Thing is I was perfect at coverups, I looked good and did things expected of me.
I functioned like a normal human being.
I knew scriptures, read the whole Bible many times and still missed the essence of it.
I’d like to blame the devil, but that would be a lie, because it had more to do with lack of understanding and acceptance of who God says I am. He says I am still His child despite my many mistakes.. I mean how do you reconcile that? God who is Holy and a sinner man like me?? It just didn’t make sense and I punished myself. Made myself into a punishing monster.. how many punishing monsters are in the building?? πŸ™†πŸ½‍♀️πŸ™†πŸ½‍♀️🀣🀣



You know that feeling of never enough, wanting to accomplish something or some height and after you get it, you feel empty.
I wanted so much to complete my degree, because to me, that was what needed to validate me as accomplished because someone made me feel like I was not good enough and my drive only fed those lies, it didn’t fulfill me. What drives you?? 🀷🏽‍♀️
No wonder I became depressed right after graduation. I felt empty. I felt something else was missing.



There are many men and women right now whom I believe that this would help.
You cannot be defined by things, toys, accomplishments or marriage even. If you marry just because you need validation, you will soon find out that that’s not what marriage was designed for. Marriage reveals our true nature and some of us aren’t even ready to face our true selves.
Many men and women around the world look normal but are feeling depressed, numb, abused and rejected. 



I know that there is a way out, but you’ve got to be honest and willing to accept it. God can turn it around for good if you let Him show you who you are and how to work out what the nay-sayers missed. What they missed is that God is infinitely steps ahead. πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ.
You just need to do something a bit out of your comfort zone. Take one verse in scripture today and meditate on it. Try it again tomorrow and the next day after that.



I like this one: I often remind myself
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬



Like I tell those close to me, you have the authority(your will) to shut the devil(his job is to make you doubt and question what God says) and bend your mind to align with what God says! 



Today, I am free from depression, I apply the scriptures I know even when I hear a false whisper in my mind. I immediately know that’s not right. I now have a job and I am enjoying my marriage better everyday.
I love my friends all the more and i’m learning to open up like a lotus flower 😊 because that’s what God wants for me! To Bloom, To be Happy! This is one of my numerous testimonies πŸ˜…



Stay Happy 😊

Kemi Gwan

Comments

Popular Posts