THE STRUGGLE



I am a single parent, in fact I have been one for over year now, and yea, don't give me that look. I tend to figure out what everyone thinks in their head. In fact, I get a little uncomfortable when divorce is being preached. I feel like God my life is such mess, but thanks to God for His sweet Spirit, who reminds me how special I am to have Jesus.
I am not a Pastor's daughter, but I do love the Lord dearly, that my entire time and Life has been projected towards ministry.
Many people thought and maybe still think the worst thing had happened to me, and some just wonder in silence "Awww, what happened to her? She's so young." I can almost sniff your thoughts like the breath you breathe through your nostrils. I wonder how people hang their problems in their closets and literally try to help you by talking about yours without proffering solutions. That's just my own thought. At least I look out for all my little sisters around the world by being honest about how tough life can be, but we're winners.
Church folks are the most amazing people on the planet, some act like they don't know, some just act like they care by asking, just for informative purposes, you can raise your hand to plead objection if you read anything contrary, and some just don't like you at all, and oh no you didn't offend them.


                              cjsp481.jpg

I have not come to attack, Oh not at all, just expressing something important that might challenge a heart to change. Last night, at Bible study, we touched on Holiness and I had put my two cents, stating that we are Adamic by nature. No one is perfect, if you think otherwise, I'd really love to meet you. Really let's face it, many people have different reasons for choosing to go to church. All my years, I have concluded that MAN is wicked, really gross, ignorant, selfish, proud and filthy. That nature is worse than being animalistic. So when next you pick the Bible and hurry down to church, please do clarify within, the reason you're so into church. It won't be too much fun to be denied by the groom of the church, would it? If it has become a Sunday tradition, a ministerial responsibility, talent usage, or a show of your lovely outfit...."ERROR!" We can do these things without hiding under the umbrella of religion. Most of us, get an esteem boost by being called Christians, but we deny the power thereof, we think ourselves better than those that freely admit to be filthy. Come to church to express worship!

Self righteousness, a blatant Adamic nature is ruling many christians. Holiness is being mistaken for obeying the ten commandments. There are many Pastors today than there ever was, but I wonder what generation of believers we're raising together. Our Pastors preach that we must be Holy, without actually walking us through it practically. Sister churches hold grudges and expect members not to follow suit. Competition is the next order for our churches..."Mine is bigger and better." Why can't we admit that we're selfish and jealous, so we can be offered up in prayer, and the Lord would gladly change us, but no, your reputation ought to be protected on the outside, but your resume is filthy before God.
Aren't we the reason why many people think Christianity is impossible, we lie to ourselves that we have suddenly overcome that strong adamic nature, which paul said humbly in Philippians 3:12-16


12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.


It is only wise to hold on to one's calling. When you've made up your mind to be gradually transformed unto salvation, and you're walking with the same mind with your neighbor, it will be difficult for the enemy to penetrate the church. Next time before your mind works wonders about the person next to you, remember how filthy you are and we're all serious work in progress.How are you helping your neighbor Christian grow? Are you withholding important information that could help him/her? Are you even praying? Maybe you're a nag like I used to be and just putting up an attitude? Are you holding back from telling your Pastor how offended you felt when He preached? These things are normal but we can help each other grow by talking about them in Love.

There are so many people who clamor for a change, and in fact you crave to change the world. Remember that it begins with you. I'd rather spend time changing myself, because the effect of that would be, my world changed. Next time you try to evangelize by sharing a tract, ask yourself what exactly are you calling that person to. Are you a practical Loving Christian, Or you're just tagging along cos it makes you look good? Think while you still can, before it's too late.

It is okay to struggle with a sinful lifestyle, change is difficult enough, but it is easier when there's someone on my side cheering me to move on. I really do love you all!

Live, Love, Laugh
Kaylove.

http://stigmanomore.blogspot.com/2012/03/struggle-equals-growth.html

Comments

  1. Kemikay.....nice one sweet, I am really proud of hw you ve bin holding on....more increase..Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kemi kayode this is really inspiring!you ve reached out to a lot of souls!keep the gud work and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch my dear friend...God Bless you so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I just want to say that Manny is the cutest little boy and of course he had to come from a blessing like you!

    Second, I think keeping how fallible we are in mind can help us stay humble when we start being too churchy. The funny thing is, that same 'adamic' nature is what keeps us from seeing just how sinful we really are.

    You have challenged me with your words; and I am praying that I will able to encourage those around me, not just in words but also in prayer. This world is not easy and we all need that spiritual cheering squad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I just want to say that Manny is the cutest little boy and of course he had to come from a blessing like you!

    Second, I think keeping how fallible we are in mind can help us stay humble when we start being too churchy. The funny thing is, that same 'adamic' nature is what keeps us from seeing just how sinful we really are.

    You have challenged me with your words; and I am praying that I will able to encourage those around me, not just in words but also in prayer. This world is not easy and we all need that spiritual cheering squad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I just want to say that Manny is the cutest little boy and of course he had to come from a blessing like you!

    Second, I think keeping how fallible we are in mind can help us stay humble when we start being too churchy. The funny thing is, that same 'adamic' nature is what keeps us from seeing just how sinful we really are.

    You have challenged me with your words; and I am praying that I will able to encourage those around me, not just in words but also in prayer. This world is not easy and we all need that spiritual cheering squad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You move me with words so true...Thanks for reading and also joining the cheer leading team....I love you...Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful and sincere Kemi. Great job!! Very convicting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I so love u for that!You hit the nail right on the head! May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still wish everyday I spent more time with you at the convention, everything about you is a blessing including your smile. You are one of the greatest sources of encouragement to young single mothers and women generally. I pray God's Favor will never depart from you, and all your experiences will decorate your future. God bless you Kemi

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMEN and thanks for such encouraging words...Hope to see you in Chicago and maybe get chatting....Enjoy and be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Aunty Kemi, i agrre with everything you said on "THE STRUGGLE". May the grace of God continue to help u and direct u in all ur ways. Bless u ma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you my love...The Lord uphold you and keep you...Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Live, Love, Laugh
Kemi Kayode.

Popular Posts