OUT OF YOUR GOLDEN HEART.


Today as we wrap up on women in ministry, I want to give a special shout out to all mothers, all women that represent the future, you are celebrated. To all the women who work hard to serve in God's vineyard, I truly pray that the Lord our rewarder will bless us indeed!
A special thank you to all my readers around the Globe, you make this page heart warming for me. So much love in my heart for y'all.

I wanted to share something about the heart of man(male and female). The heart is the most important part of the body. It works hard pumping oxygenated blood to and from the valves and arteries to all the parts of the body. Life ceases when the heart stops beating, so you see why it is the most important. 

If you have an idea, it might probably start from the head, but the heart is what will manage the birthing character of its success. Whatever actions we display starts from the heart. Thoughts and emotions are filtered through the heart. Hence, it must be guarded at all cost. One wrong misguided thought in the heart can destroy an entire race.

Women, let's analyze a woman like us, Michal, King Saul's daughter..

“As the ark of the Lord came into the City of David, Michal, Saul's daughter [David's wife], looked out of the window and saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, and she despised him in her heart.”
2 Samuel 6:16 AMPC


The heart is no respecter of persons 😊. Royalty or pauper, everyone has a heart, which makes us very equal. Michal was royalty, but was obviously not privy to how to teach her heart or guide it with pleasantries. Just like her father, Saul, she seemed to have a problem celebrating others. She despised her own husband(I had to pause to think about my husband). Have I ever despised my husband for doing something I am not accustomed to? This is very dangerous! Lord help me and forgive me if I have.

The heart is a place you train hard to focus on good not evil. The heart of man(male and female) is a battle ground. Good and evil battle to prevail per second and without something positive filtering through, the opposite of positive lurks around to take predominance. 

Now verse 20: “Then David returned to bless his household. And [his wife] Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who stripped himself of his kingly robes and uncovered himself in the eyes of his servants' maids as one of the worthless fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!”
2 Samuel 6:20 AMPC

Michal's heart is revealed. She couldn't hide what had taken place in her heart. She had become that thought. Most of the time, we are what we do. Either consciously or unconsciously, we are what we think, say and practically do.
The heart is where God's judgement takes place. He focuses on the choice we make per time. Our choices first takes place in the unseen place, the heart, before it manifests physically. 

Understanding the heart should be everyone's priority, since it is what matters to God.
For me, I have my struggles and sometimes I break down at the thoughts I struggle with. Sometimes, I wonder why they are there in the first place. Like why can't I just be pure? 😭. That question is not as pertinent as the choice as I make though. So, right back to reality!
I used to justify my lash outs because I thought it was better than bearing a grudge in my heart. Half the time, what I say during those lash outs are unrealistic and untrue but they come out anyway and do damages. While it is true that grudges are just as bad, it is still a matter of discipline and training what the heart is permitted to filter through and how we handle the outcome.

Now, take a minute at your desk, or on your bed. Touch your heart and say a prayer for your heart. If you fumbled today, then tomorrow is another day. What you allow into your heart really matters and will dictate your future. 

For Michal: it was a very very sad ending.

“And Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to the day of her death.”
2 Samuel 6:23 AMPC

This is what despising others and hate can do to a person's soul. Some people have suffered and might still suffer the consequences of not guarding their heart to the Light of Love. The heart is our responsibility, not God's. 
Out of our hearts flows the issues of LIFE! Are you doing the guarding daily? 

Selah.

Live, Love, Laugh 

Kemi Gwan. 

Comments

Popular Posts